BEE is intended to facilitate the use of TomEE/Tomcat JMS service. TomEE+ application server, uses Apache ActiveMQ JMS implementation. The BEE component allows to hides the complexity of this underlying API. As such, it helps to use this service by very simple way. Also, it eliminates the need for complex configuration files and provides the possibility of dynamic and programmatically management of JMS messaging artifacts.
TomEE/Tomcat JMS wrapper featuresThe BEE component allows:
- Creation of publish/subscribe messaging transport channels (JMS ActiveMQ Topic).
- Creation of point to point messaging transport channels (JMS ActiveMQ Queue).
- Subscribes to a JMS ActiveMQ Topic channels to asynchronously receiving messages.
- Reads messages from JMS ActiveMQ Queue
- Sends messages to both types of messaging channels
TomEE/Tomcat JMS wrapper possibilitiesBEE component features are provided with the possibilities:
- Messaging transport channels may be shared across a network.
- Connection and uses of messaging transport channels shared across a network, may be protected with decent security level.
- Messages may be in two types:
- Text messages: simple string messages.
- Object messages which can contain complex data.
- No required configuration file.
- No direct call or reference to JMS API in your code source.
TomEE/Tomcat JMS wrapper as black-box
All treatments performed by BEE are encapsulated within the component. Only an interface class is public and accessible from the outside. This interface provides a few methods to call and provides all the functionalities of BEE, described above. The document who describes those methods and the concrete usage examples section provides more details about it.
TomEE/Tomcat JMS wrapper BEE is free and open source software, it is released under GNU LGPL v3+. In particular, in accordance with this license, you have the right to integrate / use BEE component even with proprietary software.
You can get the latest version of the binary in the download section. The source code with its complete history is available in anonymous download at The Bitbucket platform. This source code is in the form of a Maven project and can be easily integrated into several IDE including Eclipse. In Eclipse, use the function of import of existing Maven project: «Import / Maven / Existing Maven projets».
git clone https://bitbucket.org/ameddeb/bee-common.git